SEE THE REST OF THE STORY HERE
It's a big year for the Capt. Meriwether Lewis Chapter of the Association of the United States Army. In the upcoming awards for AUSA's 6th Region, which covers AUSA chapters in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Nevada and North and Central California, the JBLM chapter took nine awards, including one for CSM Matt Barnes, JBLM's garrison sergeant major.
SEE THE REST OF THE STORY HERE
Here's a great place to follow what units on JBLM are doing - here and abroad. Also, if you have time to follow the links (mostly to Facebook), take a moment to add a comment to the pictures - tell the troops you are proud of them, or that you love the pictures. It really helps to build morale and shows that the community cares!! The link in HERE.
Tonight, family and friends will greet the Headquarters of the 62nd Medical Brigade from JBLM back from Iraq. It's a good time to put on your reader boards a welcome home message.
The pictures are here. Congrats to the Chamber for getting this off the ground!
Swarner Communications is offering a couple opportunities for business to connect with its readers at no cost.
1. ALL AUSA & AFA members are eligible to list their military discounts for free on JaBLAM. This offer is good for the rest of 2011.
2. The Weekly Volcano unveils its new Happy Hour App in April with a kick-off party (stay tuned to this page for details). If you have a happy hour in your biz, email the details to email@example.com - it's free of charge!! Soon, your listing will show up on the App we'll make available for download across the South Sound.
The AWN sets up spouse fairs at local military bases and offers your business a chance to connect through sponsorship. This link explains the program and various levels of participation.
Carlene Joseph, a VP at Harborstone Credit Union, VP of the Air Force Association, Pres of AUSA, Pres of PMBA was named Team McChord's Honorary Command Chief ... well, duh! Anyone who knows Carlene knows how tirelessly she works to improve the lives of our Airmen (and soldiers) here in the South Sound. What a deserving honor!!
Volunteers from the Chamber’s Military Affairs Committee are invited to review the nominees and select the recipient for the 30th Annual Howard O. Scott Citizen-Soldier of the Year Award.
The criteria for nomination and selection are:
1. A Reservist or National Guard member;
2. A resident of Tacoma or Pierce County;
3. Professional in both military and civilian occupations;
4. An exemplary volunteer in the community.
Additional consideration will be given if the nominee is an employee of a Chamber member or owns a business that is a Chamber member. Nominees may currently be called to active duty.
Duties of Panelist:
1. Attend the Selection Panel Meeting.
2. Review the nominations
3. Select the recipient
The Selection Panel will review nominations Monday, April 11, 12 noon, Chamber offices, 950 Pacific Ave., Ste. 300, Tacoma 98402. The award will be presented April 19 at the Kiwanis Club of Tacoma.
To volunteer call Gary Brackett at 253/627-2175 or mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org